Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund has announced the terms and criteria for co-financing the energy renovation of family homes for the year 2024, thereby opening doors for many households to renovate their homes and install renewable energy systems with the financial assistance of the government.
Although the Public Call for co-financing has not been announced yet, and applications have not started, the Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund announced the terms and criteria on December 29, 2023. The eligibility cost acceptance period started on the day of the announcement of the terms and ends on December 31, 2026. A list of required documentation for the application is provided, stating that in the case of applying for a Photovoltaic Power Plant, an additional submission of a Notice of Connection Possibility is required.
A significant amount of funds is anticipated, and a high level of interest is expected, so it is necessary to start preparations as soon as possible, including creating a main project and obtaining the Electrical Power Approval from the HEP (Croatian Electric Power Company).
This significant step is supported by a budget of €120 million.
Additionally, the application process has been simplified with the help of the NIAS system, making the entire process more accessible and efficient.
In this article, we will explore the details of the new co-financing terms, providing a deeper insight into the opportunities for citizens to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
Criteria for applying for the energy renovation of family homes
Individuals, owners, or co-owners of family homes with residence at the address and location of the house registered no later than 30 days before the submission date can apply for the Public Call.
Good news for citizens whose homes were damaged in an earthquake is that they can count on 80% co-financing.
Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund will co-finance energy renovation measures within the following activities:
- Comprehensive energy renovation, including improving the thermal insulation of elements of the external envelope of heated space, implementing at least one measure on the external envelope of the house, and installing technical systems for using renewable energy sources, implementing at least one of the measures.
- Improvement of thermal insulation of elements of the external envelope of heated space through the implementation of at least one measure on the external envelope of a family house.
- Implementation of heating/cooling systems and preparation of domestic hot water using renewable energy sources, implementing at least one of the listed measures.
- Implementation of technical systems that produce electrical energy using renewable energy sources for personal consumption.
Additionally, funds can be obtained for the installation of heat pumps, solar thermal collectors, and pellet boilers.
Favorable conditions for installing a home solar power plant
Regarding the utilization of solar energy, the installation of solar (photovoltaic) power plants for the production of electrical energy for own consumption will be co-financed with 50% of the funds. Also, with the installation of a solar power plant, funds will be available for a home charging station.
In the Technical Conditions, you can find lists of measures, minimum technical conditions, acceptable equipment, and works.
The Fund will provide €120,000,000 for the implementation of energy renovation measures for family homes.
Funds will be allocated up to a total of €62,120 per application, i.e., up to the justified costs.
The Fund will accept the following costs:
- Execution of works, procurement, and installation of systems and equipment.
- Execution of works, including procurement and installation of systems and equipment.
- Assistance services during the application for the Call.
The occurrence of costs will be determined based on invoices for performed works or services provided during the application for the call, or in the case of concluding a contract for services during the application for the call.
The eligibility of costs for measures will be assessed according to Technical Conditions, and limitations will be applied when determining justified costs.
Applicants for the energy renovation of the house are required to submit documentation:
- Application form.
- Scan of the applicant's ID card.
- Proof that the family house was built according to the Construction Law.
- Proof of ownership through the Land Registry excerpt of the land parcel.
- Valid energy certificate of the family house and the Energy Certifier's report on the conducted energy inspection.
- Technical budget form.
- Offer or cost estimate from the contractor and/or equipment supplier.
- Photos of the current condition of the entire family house.
- Main project.
- Statement of the applicant, signed by the applicant, in the case of co-ownership signed by all co-owners.
To provide clear information and answer all citizens' questions, the Fund will organize informative and educational workshops available on the Fund's website.
Reliable design and construction services for solar power plants
Through collaboration with private investors, cities, companies, and public institutions, Duplico builds lasting energy resources that achieve long-term and optimal results in solar systems.
We offer comprehensive support through design and installation services for solar power plants, guiding investors from initial consultations, design, and obtaining necessary permits, to the installation itself.
Fill out our solar calculator and receive an informative offer via email, a timeline for obtaining your own power plant, and all other information for the construction of your solar power plant.